Wednesday, 7 June 2017

My Top 10 Charity Shop Finds

Hello, everyone, I have a bit of a different post for you guys today; a list of my best charity shop finds. I personally love charity shops to find clothes and shoes among other things for great bargain prices and knowing that the money goes towards a good cause makes it even better. This post is a list of my top 10 favourite finds in the past year or so. Be sure to let me know what the best thing you've found in a charity shop or thrift store is in the comments below. 
The first item is a t-shirt which I found in a charity shop in Waterford late last year and just had to have. I am just a bit obsessed with shoes so I felt this top was just perfect for me and it only cost me €3.

The next item is from the same shop; a cosy jumper with Olaf printed on the front. My mam actually spotted this and pointed it out to me when we went shopping just before Christmas. I wore this a lot during the winter months and am sure I will continue to when the weather cools down again.  This was also only €3. 

The final item from this particular store is one of my favourites as I found it at just the right time. I was on the hunt for a purple jacket for a "Joker" Halloween costume and came across this for only €2. This jacket is a little too big as it's a size 14 but it fits as an oversized style and for the price I just couldn't leave it behind. 

Another jacket I found for a bargain was this pink denim jacket which I picked up for €3 in the New Ross River & Search Rescue charity shop last summer. This is another item my mam helped me pick out and it's been my most worn jacket for the spring and summer as I mentioned in my April favourites.

Also in this shop, around Christmas time last year, I picked up this awesome Minion onesie for €3. I had spotted these a while before in Penneys but didn't have the money to buy one so I was super happy to find one for such a bargain. I practically lived in this onesie through the Christmas holidays as it was so cosy and comfortable.

Moving just across the road from the previously mentioned shop, I picked up the next two items in the Bart C charity shop which raises money for cancer charities. This first item you may have also seen in my April favourites post; a denim button up skirt. I've worn this a tonne since I got it both in the winter and spring months as well as still wearing it now for summer. This is a super versatile piece and more than worth the €4 I paid for it. 

The second item is a simple pair of high waist jeans that I picked up also for only €4. Like the skirt above I wear these a lot as I love how versatile they are. I prefer high waisted jeans as they work with crop tops and longer tops so when I find a pair I like I have to grab them. These have been some of my most worn jeans the past few months so I've gotten well more than my moneys' worth. 

This next item is one of my best non-fashion finds; a genuine Disney Store Mickey Mouse plush for only €2. I found this in the St. Vincent DePaul charity shop in Lisduggan Shopping Centre in Waterford and couldn't leave it behind. As a total Disney nerd and child at heart, I just had to have this and I was glad to get it at a much lower price than the Disney store and to know my money was going to a good cause made it all the better.

This purchase technically didn't come from a charity shop but rather a stall at an indoor market, however, all the money raised goes to the Lady of  Fatima School here in Wexford so I thought I would include it. I actually previously mentioned this T.A.R.D.I.S toy in my Favourite "Nerdy" Bits 'n' Bobs post and it's one of my only pieces of Doctor Who merchandise. I had seen similar items to this and they were obviously much more expensive new so I was very glad to find one for only €5.  

And now, saving the best for last, you may have seen this recently on my Instagram as I took a few extra pictures while working on this post. This gorgeous blue ballgown is by far the best find in my many charity shop purchases. I found this in the Irish Cancer Society charity shop in Waterford and fell in love with it the minute I walked in the door. The lady at the shop was super lovely and gave me the dress for just €10 as I couldn't afford the original price of €20. Unlike the above fashion pieces, this is not something I can wear a lot but I definitely don't regret buying it.

So, that's all 10 of my top favourite charity shop purchases. I'd love to hear what the best finds you guys have had so be sure to tell me all about them in the comments or you could share them with me on social media in the links below.

As always you can check out the links in the sidebar for previous posts and follow me using the sidebar follow button to keep updated for my posts in the future. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read, I hope you enjoyed and hopefully, you'll come back again soon.

Until Next Time, 

Kayla
xxx

Social Media Links:-
Facebook: laceandlipglossxx
Instagram: @lace_and_lipgloss
Twitter: @laceandlipgloss
Tumblr: laceandlipglossxx
Pinterest: laceandlipgloss
Bloglovin': @laceandlipgloss
Snapchat: laceandlipglos5

No comments:

Post a Comment