Thursday, 16 March 2017

St. Patrick's Day Makeup Inspiration


Hello everyone, as you are all probably well aware tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. What you may not know is that it's one of my favourite days of the year and I tend to go all out in terms of my makeup and outfit. With that in mind, I, of course, had to share with you some of my St. Patrick's Day makeup ideas. I've put together two looks for you, both of which are quite colourful and fun for the day's festivities. Be sure to let me know in the comments down below if these looks inspire you and of course share any looks you create for the day with me on my social media (links at the bottom of this post). 

As with my Valentine's looks, I used the same products for my face and brows for both of the following looks so I'll list those here first before getting into the individual looks.

For foundation, I'm still using the Collection Illuminating Touch in the shade 1 Porcelain which I mentioned in my previous favourites post, mixed with the Freedom SFX Ghost Whitener to lighten.

For concealer, I used the Essence Stay All Day Concealer in shade 10.

I've been playing with cream contouring a little bit lately using this IsaDora Express Foundation Stick in 34 Tan Beige. I really love this product, it blends so nicely and works really well as a contour stick.


I set my makeup using MUA Pressed powder in shade 1. 


I used the Ultra Contour Kit for my contour as always, I used the 2nd Shade on the bottom row which is my go-to contour powder and I also used the yellow powder to set my under eye concealer. 

For blush, bronzer and highlighter I used three of Makeup Revolutions baked products; the Vivid Baked Bronzer in Bronzed Fame, the Baked Blush in Bang Bang You're Dead and the Baked Highlighter in Golden Lights. 

Finally, for brows I used two products from Essence; the Brunette Brow Kit and the Lash & Brow Gel Mascara.

Look 1.

Moving on to the first look, I went for a green eye look paired with an orange lip. This look is super simple but fun and colourful incorporating the Ireland colours. 

I used both the W7 Neon Nights Palette and the Makeup Revolution Ultimate Eyeshadow Collection  (2016) Palette to create this look. (I have marked which shades I used and where on the pictures).

I started out with a white base using the Makeup Gallery (Dealz/Poundland Makeup Range) Glide Away Eyeshadow Stick In Frost Shimmer.

I then used a warm brown as a transition shade, followed by a dark matte green in the crease.
I followed that up with a little bit of a lighter green to blend out the crease shade.

I used a light green shimmery shade on my lid and bottom lashline followed by a deep green colour for my outer corner.

Finally, I used a neon green for my inner corner and a matte white for my browbone highlight.


For eyeliner I used the Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in the shade I Have a Green and finished off the eye look with Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara. 


For the lips, I used NYX Pumpkin Lipliner all over, topped with Makeup Revolution Lipstick in Vice. 

Look 2.

The second look is a little bolder as I went for a green lip, but to balance that out I chose a more neutral gold eye look. This look can be used anytime without the green lip of course but I love any excuse to wear fun lipstick shades.

For this look I used both the Death by Chocolate and the Golden Bar palettes by I Heart Makeup. The Golden Bar Palette is solely shimmery shades so I brought in some mattes from the Death by Chocolate. 
I started with Lick Me as my transition shade and then used One More Bar to deepen the crease and White Lights as a browbone highlight.

I used the shade Golden all over the lid and blended it with Wrapper on the outer corner.

I blended some of Wrapper and Golden with the Lick Me shade on the lower lashline and finished with Collection as an inner corner highlight. 

I again used the Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in the shade I Have a Green and finished the look with Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara.


This time for the lips I used the Dragon Longlasting Lipgloss (matte liquid lipstick) in shade 07 and used a little bit of the Makeup Gallery Chick Flick gold glitter liner on the cupids bow to add a little sparkle.


So that's it for my St. Patrick's Day makeup looks, I hope you enjoyed and I would love to see your St.Patrick's Day looks too. If you would like to keep up to date with my posts you can follow me on bloglovin' using the button in the sidebar or on my social media using the links below. 

As always be sure to check out my other posts if you haven't already and I hope you'll come back again soon. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read today, I really appreciate it. 

 Until Next Time, 

Kayla 
xxx
Social Media Links:-
Facebook: laceandlipglossxx
Instagram: @lace_and_lipgloss
Twitter: @laceandlipgloss
Tumblr: laceandlipglossxx
Pinterest: laceandlipgloss
Bloglovin': @laceandlipgloss
Snapchat: laceandlipglos5

No comments:

Post a Comment